Saturday, April 30, 2011

Lions, and tigers, and bears..oh my!

  So I know you all have been curious...where are you Redhead Runner Girl? Here I am! Don't you worry your little heads. As for an update on my life...it's been another lovely week as a Redhead!Well, I haven't felt like doing too much the last couple of days...of anything, at all! I run, I sleep, I eat, I sleep..and REPEAT it all...and watch lots of episodes of "I Love Lucy" and go to work I guess inbetween.

I haven't mentioned this yet! My wonderful boyfriend Jason got a fish for us about a week and a half ago. He's a beautiful RED fish. Jason loves redheads as much as I do. :) I failed to mention this when I started writing because we were just getting to know each other. I didn't want something to happen to the little red fish and you all to think I'm a crazy fish-killer lady and never read my blog again. You'll be happy to know I take excellent care of little Tobasco. Jason says I shouldn't tap on his bowl when he's floating up top but I worry a lot about him when he does that. Jason said  I'm like Darla from Finding Nemo....


I was thinking I was more like Elmyra:


"I'm gonna hug you and kiss you and love you forever (and never use you up)."

We aren't allowed to have any dogs or cats in our home, landlord's orders! I was feeding a few "stray" cats on my back porch for awhile. One cat stuck around for a while then disapeared. I went out on a run and saw that little cat in the front window soaking up the sunshine in someone's house. Trader. At least he was warm though!

 I'm sure Jason thinks I'm crazy, but he knew what he was getting into. I found a kitten at his apartment, Boots, who know resides at my Mom's house. My mother is a saint, but that's a whole other story. Boots was clawing at Jason's front door when I got there. She was only about the size of my hand.

 Prior to that experience, Jason somehow found out I was feed a dog some McDonald's for lunch between classes at school. That dog was running around campus and I put him in my car and gave him some food. :) I hear he's been seen around at another home too. Oh well, I do love animals and I love going to the zoo. We go to the zoo at least once month..we're members for the year! That was the best Christmas gift ever. I know Jason loves it too...I'm going  to surprise him this summer when we go and let him get his face painted like a shark... and I'll be a lion with my crazy orange-red hair.

My earliest experience with finding these animals and taking care of them came when I was just a wee carrot-top. Little Lucky was lucky enough to be found by me and he was by far my most beloved animal. Some may say I'm just trying to fill the void since he passed away on February 14, 2009. I found him when I was 5 years old and he lived all the way til I was 22! All my memories involve him. He was a heck of a dog! He was a little Jack Russel Terrier Mix. RIP Luckster :)

So, if you didn't think I was crazy already....bet you do now :) If you ever want to go to the zoo or let me walk your dog/cat..horse..rabit.....just let me know.

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment